AEEA, the North American Association for Environmental Education, and other EE organizations around the country have gathered information about online learning tools and resources during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are sharing what we gather in hopes that meaningful learning opportunities continue during distance-learning, EE organizations can weather this uncertainty, and we can continue to foster community during physical distancing.
Information is arranged into Federal Stimulus and Advocacy, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School, Higher Ed, Virtual Field Trips, Professional Development, and eePro Resources.
See below for additional information that could be helpful during this time.
- Virtual Meeting and Videoconferencing Tools
- Internet Access
- Staffing and HR Resources
Virtual Meeting and Videoconferencing Tools
- 10 Tips for Improving Online Meetings
- Making working from Home work for your employees
- A Good Time to Get Good at Virtual Meetings
By Kristen Grimm, president of Spitfire. 12 tips for convening effective virtual meetings.
- Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the Covid-19 Outbreak
Published by Tech Soup. Includes options that can be implemented relatively quickly, with little or no external tech support to keep communication flowing and foster collaboration while staff members work remotely.
- Understanding Videoconferencing Tools Available to Your Nonprofit
Published by Tech Soup. Includes a side-by-side comparison of different tools.
- Free video chat platform
- Zoom video tutorials
- More info on Zoom’s efforts to support educators through COVID-19 and additional resources
- Free tools, including video conferencing for schools and educators from Google
Staffing and HR Resources
- Arkansas Department of Health Guidance for Employers
- Arkansas Economic Development Commission
- Alternatives to Laying Off Employees- Work-Share Program
- ThinkHR Webinar: COVID-19: HR Guidance and Best Practices
Webinar Slides. Click here>>
Webinar Recording. Click here>>
- Ideas for continuing to pay staff:
1. If you have an emergency fund, this is a good time to use it.
2. Reach out to funders and request that program-specific funding be converted to general operations funding given the unique, unexpected circumstances.