2018 Environmental Educator Award Nominations Due May 21
Outstanding Environmental Educator – Formal Education
The nominee must be an Arkansas elementary, secondary or college educator who incorporates environmental education as a main focus in their curriculum. The nominee should influence students/school/community in environmental education, awareness, knowledge, and action.
Outstanding Environmental Educator – Non-formal Education
The nominee must be an Arkansas educator performing in a non-formal setting. The nominee should exhibit personal and professional commitment to environmental education and have demonstrated outstanding achievement in the field.
The Robert McAfee Environmental Education Service Award
The nominee must be an Arkansan who has exhibited personal and professional commitment to environmental education, service, awareness, knowledge, and action throughout their career and life. The nominee should exemplify the values and mission of AEEA. The award is named after one of AEEA’s founding members and long-time volunteer director.
To make a nomination, please submit for each nominee:
- Category, as listed above
- Name; Address; Position; School/Organization, Including Address, Phone, Fax, and E-
- List of activities and accomplishments, up to 4 pages (8 1⁄2 x 11)
- Impact of the nominee’s work
- Description of any innovative environmental education instruction the nominee has developed and implemented
- Overall involvement of the area of environmental education (include number of years in field)
- Affiliation with outside organizations, including AEEA
- Supporting materials such as news releases, examples of work, photographs, etc, may be included (no more than 4 pages, double-sided)
Judging criteria will include the nominee’s demonstrated ability to:
- Facilitate participant/student leadership and involvement
- Promote hands-on involvement
- Promote critical and creative thinking in students
- Partner with others
- Address real world problems and/or problems of local environmental importance
- Develop and implement innovative programs/projects
Applications are due no later than May 21, 2018
Please submit to:
Arkansas Environmental Education Association, PO Box 1439, North Little Rock, AR 72115 or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No matter how submitted, please make sure that “Awards” is written on the envelope/subject line.
Awards will be presented at the 2018 EE Expo,
Tuesday, June 12th at Mt. Magazine State Park.